Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Monday, August 13, 2012

I have never been able to make you do it.


      So Jacob has always loved to try new things, but ONLY, I repeat only if HE wants to try it. So yes...In life this has presented us with lots of challenges. But From when he was young, I learned and understood him. Take Potty training for instance. Sure we tried at a young age to try and toilet train, but I quickly learned that if this boy does not want to do it. It ain't getting done. So I tried for a couple of weeks and then threw in the towel. I didn't give up the fight. I just thought it wasn't worth the fight. So....I waited for him to tell me he wanted to do it. Yes he was 3 years old and 4 months until he was Fully potty trained. and he did miss the first few months of preschool cause he was still pull ups cause he didn't go #2 in the toilet. but then he turned to us one day and said I have to go Poo..( I know poo talk is gross. Sorry about that. ) So from that day forward. He was toilet trained. 
      Which leads us to today....He finally wanted to learn to tie his laces :) Jacob and I went back to school shopping and he found these really cool skater shoes ( with laces.) And wanted to buy them. I said no I am not buying them until you learn how to tie your laces. So sure enough he said ok I will learn how to tie laces. So this morning. He stated he wanted to try and sure enough on his second try he did it. Yippeee!!
     It has been a challenge to find velcro shoes for a size 13-1 and it felt like every other kid in the world could tie laces. except Jake. But honestly...I have not let myself compare and say well, so and so can do it, so you should. I have just reminded myself. I can't make him do it. And he will learn to do it in HIS time not mine. I just wait...and tell myself it will happen before he is 21. ( I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers