Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Journey begins.....

        This past weekend gave me a chance to do a little running around and exploring. I must say...I had fun. With a coffee in my hand I set out on my food journey. Actually it started by my going to the mall to do some back to school shopping and stopping at the near by Shoe store. I stumbled upon a gem. It was called Fresh a fare. It totally inrigued me. So Stepped in. I was so excited. I was like a little kid in a candy shop. it looked like a yummy sandwich shop, but I wanted to dig a little deeper because the name said fresh. So....I read and asked a lot of questions. Anne ( a staff member ) was amazing. If she didn't know the answer she found out. She even grabbed the ingredient list for each product and read what was in it.


     So what did I find??? AMAZING FOOD....with NO preservatives and additives. And with only a 2 week life span...YES! I found some stuff that I could actually read the label. I was excited to find Soups made from scratch. And they only have 4 made daily out if their list...And the list is awesome.

Chicken noodle, cream of mushroom, Creamed tomato and rice, oriental chickpea, butternut squash, carrot ginger, cream of broccoli, sweet potato, split pea and ham, minestrone, spicy goulash, curried apple and zucchini,beef barley, fire roasted vegetable, clam chowder, chili, potato fennel, beer cheddar, potato spinach, corned beef and cabbage soup.    
 Price-$ 8.95

 I also bought some salad dressing. I must say...I tasted all of them when I was there and there was not one that I did not like. But I brought home the ranch. It is sooo yummy. And the owner offers a free bag of lettuce with every purchase. BONUS!
Here is the list of dressings they have. 

Balsamic vinaigrette, maple walnut chili, caesar, ranch, yogort buttermilk dill, Asian sesame, mango vinaigrette.
                  Price $3.95
I also bought Some fresh made mayo. There were 3 different kinds. Normal mayo, Jalepeno and lemon garlic.   Price $3.95

I was very impressed and excited that I don't have to make any of these items at home. I can buy them and feel good about it. 
Here is the link to Fresh a fare. Check it all out there. is So much more there. Fresh breads and pretzels and cookies etc. oh and some pretty amazing gelato...yes I tired every flavor!! And I brought home the lemon and strawberry.
http://www.fresh-a-fare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers