Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Friday, July 27, 2012

Rice Side Dish

I love fresh Veggies from the garden. Here is something that I cook for myself all the time. 
Ingredients:
1 Cup of Long grain rice. I use 1/2 brown and 1/2 Quinoa. Or 1 Cup basmati.
2 Cups chicken Broth
I pint of Cherry tomato's
2 Cloves of minced Garlic
1 Small Onion  Chopped
Olive oil
S& P to taste
Feta ( as much as you want )
I sometimes add other stuff like leftover chicken or like today...Beet tops.





Directions:
1.Cook rice in a rice cooker with Chicken broth. 
2. Saute the onion and Garlic and beet top and chopped Cherry tomatoes in the olive oil. when cooked add the cooked rice.
3. when heated, add the feta cheese.  And Voila your ready to eat. Add your salt and pepper to taste. 
( I also will grab Chives, Basil and Parsley out of the garden. BUT.....I couldn't this time cause I have used so much of my herbs that they are all gone. Waiting for them to grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers