Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Friday, March 27, 2009

Tapping into something Greater then coffee in the mornings.

I am by nature not a morning person. Things can go sour for me very quickly. If I let them. Like this morning. I woke up earlier then normal to attack some extra baking tasks for some commitments that I have made. No worries I love to bake. One batch of cupcakes and one batch of rice krispies coming right up. I start. I hear the kids playing. Jake in his room. Chloe with her dad.

Then not even 5 min's later. Chloe comes in the kitchen covered head to toe in toothpaste. Argh. I change her and then again 5mins later she is coming upstairs from the basement that is COVERED in drywall dust and Yes I have to change her again. Due to the white poweder covering her new outfit. I yell to Jacob. Come and get dressed for school. Shoot I gotta make his lunch still. and get dressed. And Yeah I should brush my teeth. So the rush and the frustration level is rising. I come out of Jacobs room to head to the kitchen again to tackle the baking, to see that my lovely little two year has found the diaper bag and the cheerios that were in it. oh did I say in it or did I say covering the front entrance?? Grab her again now wash the snot that is covering her face and making her bangs stick to her forehead. Argh!!!!!
Go faster I am telling myself. you still have the check list and only 22 mins left.

So why are somedays worse then other??? Not too sure. But I stopped I called a friend to come pick up the cupcakes to deliever for me instead of waking the the little monster from her nap, and from rushing around. Yes I thought a coffee is what I need so I did make one, but I thought to myslef. Wow I litterally jumped out of bed and started with the check list. God just knocked on my heart and said slow down, and include me in your check list. So I did that. I stopped and prayed. Not a long one, but one that I gave him my day and my plans and my check list.
Now....I can drink my cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can remember those days like they were yesterday. I miss them. Yup, that's right, I said I miss them. They are over so quickly and replaced by grunts instead of hellos, occassion al snuggles that leave you wanting more. I remember when Natasha and Charlotte were little, both in diapers at the same time, I couldn't wait for the hectic-ness to be over. When it was I wanted it back. Enjoy every snot covered, flour dusted, toothpast smeared, cranky, crying, diaper full moment you can get....the next step is very very different. Worthwhile and amazing but different. Love your blog Crissy, and am honoured to be a follower!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Followers