Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Food filled Friday.


Since I love cooking, I thought that I would share some of our family favorite recipes every Friday.
Today's choice is home made perogies. I just made some for tonight's dinner. yum, Yum.

Step one: Dough- Mix 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour and 1 tsp of salt.
Step Two: In a separate bowl combine 1 cup of warm water, one cup of milk, 1/2 veg. oil.
Step Three: Mix wet into Dry mixture, and only stir until it all sticks together. DO NOT OVER STIR.
Step four: Let this dough sit aside for 15 mins.

Filling
Peel,and cook and mash 5-6 medium potatoes and set aside. Shred 1 cup of Chedder Cheese, 1/2 cup of Fried onions, and a 1/4 pound of bacon. Cooked and chopped finely. Add of this to the potato mixture. Set aside.
Step five: roll out your dough on to a well floured surface. using a large round cookie cutter or glass. cut perogies. Place a blob of filling on the edge and fold over and pinch around the edges. Place on a waxed covered cookie sheet and place in the frezzer until frozen then transfer into a zip loc bag.
This makes around 50 perogies. Great for a couple of meals. When ready to cook. Just boil a pot of salted water and cook perogies until they float. Enjoy with fried onion and bacon and sour cream.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm... I love me some perogies. Not sure that I have the cooking talent to prepare these, but mmmm.. they sure look good! Can't wait to see what else you are cooking :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers