Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Friday, April 10, 2009

Convo's With Jake.


Jacob and I have a date morning every Saturday. We mostly go for breakfast. So I wanted to share some of our conversations. Getting in the head of a 4 year can be simply fantastic.

Our last Saturday morning as Jacob was taking a bit of sausage blurted out he wants to be a fighter when he grows up. Here it is.
Crissy: You want to be what when you grow up?
Jacob: I want to be a fighter. You know with gloves on.
Crissy: You want to be a boxer?
Jacob: sure.
Crissy: Well do you think that mommy would want to see you get hurt like that?
Jacob: Oh I won't get hurt. I will punch him and then run behind his back so he can't get me, I am super fast.
Crissy: Well if that's what you want to do maybe we can get you involved in some sort of self defense class. Would you like that?
Jacob: Yes, Yes, Yes.

Funny thing that I must share and what caught me totally off guard about this particular conversation with Jacob is that when he was in my womb We was always punching me and kicking hard and I told Thomas that he was going to be a fighter when he grows up. I also had some old gentlemen approach me in zerhs once when Jacob was 2 and he looked down at Jake and said he is going to be a fighter overseas. Now I don't want my baby to go to war.
But funny eh......Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers