Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Letting go again....First day of SK


This first day of school was way better then last for me. I do remember though standing at the counter making his ham sandwich and thinking to myself. As he gets older and moves up in the grades the harder it is going to get for him. The bullying starts, Using curse words, etc. Is he going to fit in? His he going to be good looking? Are kids going to tease him. I had a million and one thoughts go through my mind.
And all of a sudden my heart began to break.Jacob is going to get hurt. He is going to come home crushed some days. I don't want to see that happen. I am in love with the innocence that he has and his friends have. But as much as I don't want to see him get hurt. I can't keep it from him. Because that is how we learn. we go through the fire to we can be transformed. I just need to remind myself that I need to be here for him. To embrace and comfort him.
not to my surprise at all. Jake walked into the gated playground with his head held high. Looking for his friends. He found them and then he was gone. Jacob is a strong, brave little man. Ready to take on the world. Or at least SK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers