Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I would rather be in bed.

This is how our morning looks like on a regular basis. Thomas gets up and runs at 4:30 a.m to be home for 6 a.m when the first little critter crawls out of bed.( Chloe ) He comes and closes our bedroom door so I can sleep in till 7-7:30 a.m Our second little Critter ( Jacob ) awakens anywheres between 6-7. Depends on how loud Chloe is. Cartoons are on and kids are fed by the time I am up. Most of the time Thomas goes back to bed until 8:10 a.m cause he was up so early. Then he heads off to work and then it is just me and the kidlets.
But.....A morning like this morning is what shows me that I am a very selfish creature. I don't want to get up at 6, but I had to because Thomas had to leave for work by then this morning. I don't want to hear demands and screaming and fighting before I even crawl out of bed. I like quiet in the morning. Not happening in this house. And then you make one piece of toast and run out. So Jake gets mad. Cause he wanted 2 pieces of toast. Then I pour the milk into the cereal bowl for Chloe and find that indeed that was the last bag of milk. So what's left for breakfast for me. ( Coffee ) and maybe a bruised banana.

So what's my point??? I am selfish! And I am trying to allow God to change this in me. I don't want to be snippy at my kids, cause I would rather be sleeping. I don't want to snap at them saying will you just give me a Minute so I can at least get out of bed. I need to learn to die to self. I need to learn that I need to go to God first thing in the a.m please Lord help me to remain calm and give to my children right now. Even though I don't want too. Give me a smile on my face and a joy in my heart. Cause Lord I would rather be in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers