Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Monday, June 27, 2011

Showing Grace- Something you do well my son.

Today Jacob I was proud to call you my son. You were leaning against the chain link fence, like it was no big deal, and you might not have even mentioned it. And if you did...It probably would have come up over dinner and you would have shrugged it off like it was nothing.
But you Jacob, God has given you a precious gift. You are a boy through and through. But god has equipped you with an understanding. Your not a wimp, and afraid of things. Your not afraid to speak your mind. Yet, you have this amazing ability to extend grace when really it's not deserved. I guess that's the true meaning of grace now isn't. But I have watched you suck it up. Not in a bad way. Not in a way that you are going to need counselling in 10 years. You take it and understand it and move on. You smile at him. you greet him each time you see him. You have this ability to love the unlovable. You aren't mean in return. Your words are kind and not harsh. You run away instead of throwing a punch back, and 9 times out of 10 when they try and chase you. They loose, can you a runner! Today hearing you got punched again and chased after and had hand sanitizer smashed into your hair. You didn't retaliate.
You had me in tears after school walking home. This you know cause I couldn't stop saying to you how proud I am of you. Now some may think, that you are gonna get walked all over. But I don't believe that. because I see your classmates and you get this respect for whatever reason. every time we are out. A friend is shouting hi. You hang your head low, in a humble matter and with a little wave of our hand. You say hi.
 even if its the boy who has been treating you so poorly. You treat everyone the same.
I pray that never changes about you. Love the unlovable. Cause like you and I have said. They are the ones that need our love the most.
Jacob, I am proud to call you my son. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers