Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thank you


This Blog post is about My amazing husband Tom. I know that no one is perfect, and Yes Tom has his flaws, but He is perfect for me. And I have never met anyone in my entire life, that is so selfless. As most of you know, I was married before. don't worry I am not going to sit here and bash the X. everything happens for a reason and I will never regret being married before, as I learned lots about myself. But saying that, it was Hell to go through a divorce and I swore I would never marry again. Then I met this guy and we have been inseparable From the moment we met.

I have noticed this past month some pretty amazing qualities about Tom, and I want to share them with you. Because sometimes we know that we have something good, and we don't say thanks or acknowledge those amazing qualities in one another. 

Tom is so supportive. He allows me to be"me". I am a creative, independent, Strong willed, a little bit of a control freak. And he loves and appreciates those qualities. even though sometimes I frustrate him. 
He knows that raising our children is my number 1 priority and he allows me to have the freedom to do that. He does not force me to go to work, even though both kids are in School full time. He budgets accordingly and we live within our means so I can stay home. Monetary things aren't important to him. He would much rather have me home, and raise our children. But saying that...He supports me if I want to work, knowing that I will only choose something that will work for our family. He trusts me.

He allows me to let the house work slide at times...I don't have the pressure of having to have the house spotless. I remember, geeze it must have been 3 summers ago. I focused on the kids, and less on the house. We spent the day at the beach instead of cleaning. And I thank him for that. I was getting mad at the kids for being kids and was cleaning up after them like 15 times a day. So I felt like I needed to stop and worry about the mess later. I am thankful that he doesn't  pressure me to have it perfect, he does laundry, He cleans bathrooms, he Loves on his kids and plays with them. And not only does he encourage me to have time to myself. He allows it to happen.

All of you know that he runs. Yes mostly 130+ Kms a week and I have many people ask, how do you put up with him running so much. Yes, Sometimes it cuts into our time. But for the most part he gets up at 4:30-5 AM to run. even in the winter. So it does not take away from the kids time or my time with him. 

Tom is determined, Strong, So smart, Selfless and Gracious.
I am VERY blessed that I got him. I feel like I don't deserve him most days. He truly is my better half.

He has the most amazing singing voice too!! It makes you melt. 
So thank you Thomas! You are an answer to prayer.

And to those of you, If you hear me complain, tell me to read my blog as a gentle reminder of how good I have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers