Welcome

I am indeed a work in progress. I want to live my life intentionally everyday. Yes, its hard sometimes to stand up fight. But If I don't, who will?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our Marriage. Connect.

      I just Celebrated 6 years of marriage with my best friend. So how have I made 6 whole long years you may ask?? I know, I know, it doesn't seem like a long time. But it is to me. I look around and at every turn you see or hear of someone seperating or divorcing. It breaks my heart in two. Not only for the couple but for the precious Children that it is involving.
 So back to my point....Thmoas and I went to our favorite little town. huntsille, Ontario. We make a point of going every year to wander around the town. Sit by the water. Eat, drink and hold hands. Just the two of us. We spend the night and have no agenda. Its splendid.
Here is what we did. We ate at this amazing family owned Italian Restaurant. I highly recommend it. I loved the Gnocci and oh my word. I honestly wanted 2 orders of it.
 We also went to a wine tasting at the Deerhurst Resort. Something else we love. Wine. The atmosphere was great an we met a great couple. Just a year into their marriage. We tasted f different kinds of wine from Cave springs.
And We loved the place that we went for Breakfast. Three guys and a Stove. It was a Marche style. And it was YUMMY. My Favorite was the Fesh Buckwheat waffles with whip cream and Chocolate sauce and fresh fruit.



have to admit though, it does not happen enough. We need to connect more. We need to make it a priority. We buzz around during the day, we buzz around during the night. Until we both crash and veg in front of the t.v for an hour before we hit the sack. Sometimes we don't utter more than a paragraph. I am slowly learning the importance of fostering this relationship. Stop cooking dinner and getting the kids lunch ready Greet him. Give him a hug and a peck on the cheek. Say hello, and how was your day. This is hard for me. I don't like people in my kitchen when I am cooking. I don't like to be interupted when I am in the middle of something. Even more so, when I am mutil tasking several things at once. which is evey night around dinner time/ When Tom gets home. The last thing I want to do is stop. But I must. I need to put aside my own feelings and connect. Even if it is only for a breif moment. He does deserve that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers